Change is a part of life and this is the reason why every person keeps on adapting to their surrounding environment. The same can be said when it comes to construction innovations of today. Any infrastructure should be built considering the latest construction and design principles to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the users. One of the most popular design trends today that both residential and corporate infrastructures can do is skylight installation.
Roof windows always enhance the beauty of the room and commercial skylights are a wonderful fixture that makes any room look special. However, one of the common problems that any building with roof windows has to face is water leakage. This problem causes a major damage not only to the looks of the room and house but also to the pocket.
How to properly install skylights
Skylights are regarded as a natural source of light and give more light in comparison to a window. Skylight installation is not complicated as the only issue these require is a caution during their fitting. If one is acquainted with and trained on the simple method of roof windows installation, then one can even decide to do it on his own. The steps that need to be followed to assist installation process are the following:
1. Place a ladder appropriately to reach the point where installation has to be done. Take skylight, drill, and pencil and climb the ladder with them. Mark the area and drill a hole in the center of the marked spot. Put a wire hanger into the hole and then climb down the ladder. Visit at Custom Skylights
2. Go on the top of the roof and find the hole. Push wire hanger through a hole and do a tracing of the light. Cut out the traced region with a circular saw.
3. To strengthen the support install joist against the direction of the roof joists. If the roof support is horizontal then fix them vertically. Cut out the ceiling and frame it.
Skylights Water Leakage Repair
The repair of velux roof windows and skylights is a tricky task as it is not easy to find the source of leakage on the roof. There are several expensive ways which one can opt for, but there is no guarantee that they are going to work and for how long it’s going to hold up. One of the best solutions for water leak repairs is by using roof coatings.
The roof coatings are available in different types. Today there are available asphalt based, elastomeric and also polymer coatings in the market. While the asphalt and polymer expand the life of the roof, the elastomeric coating is of best quality among all of them.
Listed below are some tips on using roof coatings for skylight installation and repairs:
· Asphalt flat roof skylight coating is found in a liquid form and is generally in black color. It is petroleum-based. Look for one that comes with a warranty before buying this type of roof coating. Also, see if it has embedded fiberglass in the fibers. These coatings should only be used over the roof based on asphalt. In other cases, these can also be used over a metal-based roof, but won’t be as effective.
· Some of the roof coatings have aluminum flakes. One of the main advantages is that it reflects the sunlight and lowers down the temperature during summer. It also saves the additional cost to be incurred for cooling effect.
· The elastomeric type of roof coating for skylight installation is based on rubber and comes in form of liquid. These would be available in white color which gives a cooling effect. They can also be mixed with color to make it attractive. For more information, visit their website at: http://customskylights.com.au/about-us